John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Hello! How are you?

Hello! How are you?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify; was it only the hard drive that was replaced in your Mac?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Vera.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.7.5 I don't know if it is the same version I had before. I always have the latest version (always upgrade as soon as apple told me to).

The latest version is 10.8.5 if you purchased the upgrade from the Mac App Store. However, if you have a complete Time Machine back up then you can likely get that back rather easily.

Shutdown your Mac.

Restart and, as soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the “OPTION” key at boot until the boot menu appears and then select the “Recovery HD" option.

Wait for “OS X Utilities” menu to appear (DO NOT CHOOSE TO INSTALL)

Select "Restore From Time Machine Backup"

Click Continue until you reach the "Select a Backup Source" window.

Select your Time Machine drive and click Continue.

In the Select a Destination window, choose your Mac’s hard drive.

Note: Using Recovery Mode erases your Mac’s hard drive before restoring from Time Machine; but once the process is finished, you’ll be able to log in and use your Mac just as you found it at the time of the last backup.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are positively satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Excellent ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page: