Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a macbook Pro 10.7.5 and I need to know the short cut

I have a macbook Pro 10.7.5 and I need to know the short cut for selecting a large number of photos in aperature from my camera card. I have 3000 photos on it and only want to import 2000. Ive tried control shift command etc... It's to time consuming selecting or deselecting during the import.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

When I import from my card I treat it as an external hard drive.
It should mount on your desktop if you have that preference set to show external drives.

Then open the drive like any external, drill down untill you find th ephotos, they will be in order taken which makes it easy to select what you want.
However, you still have to pick and choose which to use.
Once your selection is made drag them as a block to a prenamed folder on your desktop.
From there you can import to Apeture, I know it seems like a lot of work but it is the fastest and less work than anyother way.
This also allows you to preview each with Quicklook.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have imported 3000 into aperture but I need to choose 1800 and it's too time consuming
Are this that you wish to import shot consecutively? If so select the first one that you want, scroll to the last that you want but do not click until you press anfd hold the shift key.
Or you can drag the cursor from the first to the last and select them that way.
But if you are looking for something that will auoto select the ones that you want, that is not yet possible.
What I have suggested are thhe only shortcuts I know of.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to select a certain row or group of photos all you have to do is select the first photo and then hit and hold the shift key on the last photo. Make sure the photos are high lighted then check one.

Thought I had said that. If not I am sorry, it seems second nature.