Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

When I touch on a book to open in ibooks it just blinks and

When I touch on a book to open in ibooks it just blinks and goes away
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether that resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just did that

If that did not resolve your issue, let's stop the running process.

Double click the home button. Now a layer of apps will be listed to the bottom of the screen. You will find iBooks there.

If you are using iOS 7, just swipe up on iBooks. If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, tap and hold on iBooks there until it wiggles and then click on the "-" button next to it.

Now open iBooks and check whether your issue is resolved.

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nope stil not working

:(

Now we will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Tap and hold on the app until it wiggles.

Now click on the "x" button next to it.

Once done, download iBooks again from the App Store.

Let's see whether that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had already done that. I have to go on an appointment now can we pick this up later today?

Sure, just reply once you are back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can catch up later this morning

No worries, take your own time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is the next thing you want me to try

Sorry for the delay.

The next thing I would try is a restore.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad. Your ipad name would now be listed in iTunes.

Click on the iPad name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button.

Let's restore it and see whether it resolves the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Darn, nope didn't do it

have you tried the restore?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just finished.

and is ibooks still not opening any book? Or is it any particular book that is having the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all 8 books will not open

Were those books purchased from the itunes store?

if that is the case, let's delete just one book. Tap on the Edit button, select the book and delete it.

Now download that book once again from the store.

Let's see whether that helps.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you mean buy the book again?

yes. You will not be charged if you are using the same Apple ID you used for the first purchase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did not work still wont open

That is strange!

How long have you been facing this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I think i got it I deleted the app and removed all the books and then downloaded the ibooks app again added the books back and they are all opening now! How do I cancel my 7 day free trial? I can just pay on a case by case I do not need a monthly program. Thanks for your help.

Great to know that..:)

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

If you have joined any membership and wish to cancel that, please use the following link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription