Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to sync photos from my iPad 2 to my windows XP

I am trying to sync photos from my iPad 2 to my windows XP PC. I am using a recently downloaded free iTunes program on the PC.
Unfortunately the event stops saying that the Ipad has disconnected.
What am I doing wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if there is any problem with the USB Cable or if you have any corrupted application data on your iPad. We can try some troubleshooting steps to isolate the problem.

First, can you try changing the USB Cable ? I'd recommend to try another geniune USB Cable and not any third party cables. Also, plug in your iPad to the main/rear USB port of your PC. If you are using any USB extensions/hubs, don't connect your iPad to it.

If that didn't work, then open iTunes and connect your iPad to it. If it is started showing the backing up message in the screen (top rectange lcd like screen), then click the x or the arrow on the right of the lcd screen and this will skip that step. Then it will sync.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi Allan, Just checking. How is it going ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Amazing Ashik, as I didn't have an alternate cable, I changed USB ports and behold, copying is taking place as I type. I hope all will be well now. Thank you

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Glad to hear that Allan. This is a known problem. iPad requires more power than other devices. Some USB ports doesn't give enough juice to power it as well as to transfer data. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. So that I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi Allan,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the delay Ashik. I have had and am still having issues with my Internet server.
I downloaded iTunes to my PC and I think I have transferred my photos. From the iPad to the PC but am unable nto see where they are located on the PC.
I. Was thinking that maybe my copy of iTunes is not up to scratch because of this server problem. I think i may have to delete the programm from my PC and once the server problem is rectified download it again.
Either that or I am doing something wrong so basic that I can't see what the problem is.
iTunes has captured my existing music files OK but beyond that nothing.
Is there a how to use iTunes for dummies anywhere or the like?
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Open My Computer and you can find iPad in the bottom. Open it and open the folders in there and you can find the pictures there. Just copy them to your computer. Let me know if you have any difficulty
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ashik, thanks for your continued advice but from your last I have looked into "my computer" and there is no iPad icon or anything related to iPad.
What are the steps to take when downloading these photos? I feel that I may have omitted a step or the program (iTunes) is corrupt.

Allan
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, when you connect your iPad does your computer recognize it ? Or does it make any sounds ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both iPad and PC give a brief tone but I get adobe photo box come up.
I can see the. iPad cameraicon in "My Computer" and have down loaded most of the 729 pictures and videos but it is very convoluted method requiring each photo to be rotated and renamed.
Surely ther should be a simpler way using iTunes which I can't seem to get to work.
Is there a simple step method to doing this.

Wits end
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
You can't download photos from your iPad to PC through iTunes. Downloading through My Computer is the only way now. If you want more convenient way, then you can get third party applications like ImToo iPad to PC Transfer, but you have to buy it.

That is one of the best application out there. See here : http://www.imtoo.com/ipad-to-pc-transfer.html
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thanks