Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My ipod suddenly died. It wont respond to any controls or

My ipod suddenly died. It won't respond to any controls or charge but still has battery. It won't play anything.

Hello Barry! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your iPod, such as touch, or nano, or shuffle, etc.? Please click on the website below for all the models:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

Is there anything on the iPod's screen at all?

Does it charge?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's an ipod Classic (most recent model)

Please try:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Try resetting the iPod while it is connected to power.

Reference:

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,