John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My id doesnt work with the new lion why?

My id doesn't work with the new lion why?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you tell me where you are having a problem using the ID?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I installed the new lion osx and I tried to reset after but I can't because it says to my that it is not the id that was used to purchase the lion
Thanks, Alex.

Did you download this OS X upgrade from the Mac App Store?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did the upgrade and my computer was working fine but when I tried to reset I follow the instruction and it didn't work I think it was from the apple store I am not sure what can i do?
This was OS X 10.8 you were upgrading to?

Do you know which version shipped with your Mac originally?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can I find out?
If you are unsure, can you tell me approximately when you purchased it? ...or do you have the serial number available?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
8 months ago C02HVWCUDRVC
Thanks, Alex.

You may want to double check your APple ID is still working. Test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: (Click "Manage Your Apple ID"). If all goes well then it seems like an issue with your purchase of Mountain Lion.

It looks like your MacBook originally shipped with OS X 10.7.4 and you should be able to re-install this using Internet Recovery.

Restart it and immediately press and hold COMMAND + R + OPTION keys on the keyboard until the Internet Recovery logo appears. You may then release the keys.

Sign into a wi-fi network if needed and wait for “OS X Utilities” menu to appear

Select Reinstall Mac OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions.

Once the re-install is complete, you should be able to return to the Mac App Store and verify purchase of OS X Mountain Lion in your purchase history and attempt the install of 10.8 again.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are positively satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Excellent ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page: