Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

just got a new imac and keyboard nor mouse can see it to set

just got a new imac and keyboard nor mouse can see it to set it up need help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You need the mouse to setup it. Without mouse, your iMac won't allow to setup it. All iMacs comes with the Wireless Magic Mouse. Are you sure there is no mouse came with it ? Can you check the box please ?

Or do you have a USB Mouse ? Any USB Mouse will work with your iMac. Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes in have a mouse neither is working

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you tried a USB Cable Mouse ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no magic mouse

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Barry, can you get a USB Mouse and try to setup it ? You can get one from your friend or neighbour. Any USB Mouse will work with your iMac

About magic mouse, make sure you put the battery in correct position and also turned it on.
graphic

• Slide the On/Off switch on the bottom of your mouse to turn it on. Note: If the battery compartment cover is not installed properly the On/Off switch may not function correctly or may be difficult to operate. Remove the battery compartment cover and carefully reinstall it.
  • When your mouse is on and paired, and the batteries are charged, the indicator light glows steadily.
  • If your mouse isn’t paired with a Mac, the indicator light will blink, indicating your mouse is in discovery modeand ready to pair.
  • If the indicator light doesn't illuminate, check to make sure you have two good batteries and that they'reinstalled correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an usb on it now its working just need to get tht keyboard to work so i can get pass network setup to put in password XXXXX

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you put batteries to both the Keyboard and Mouse and turned them on ? Here are the official troubleshooting steps from Apple to make the keyboard work.

• Push and release the On/Off switch to turn on the Apple Wireless Keyboard.
  • When your keyboard is on and paired, and the batteries are charged, the light will glow steadily for several seconds, then turn off.
  • If your wireless keyboard isn’t paired with your Mac, the indicator light will begin to blink. This indicates your keyboard is in discovery mode and ready to pair with your Mac.
  • If the LED doesn't light up, remove the batteries to make sure they're good and that they're installed correctly.

Keyboard indicator light and button

If the Keyboard is not working, then get a USB Keyboard and setup your Mac with it. Then we can pair the keyboard and mouse after setting up your Mac

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc