Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

My Ipad is not responding. It will not let me slide the screen

My Ipad is not responding. It will not let me slide the screen unlock or logoff bars. It is stuck on Cannot Access Find my Friends. The screen is not responding and I cannot power it off. In the background it says that is wants to do an IOS update. HELP

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether that resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get rid of the message Cannot Access Find my Friends? It is annoying at best.

Hi Pamela,

Have you tried the reset as I suggested? It has a greater chance of solving the frozen problems.

If you have not tried that, let's try that first. Press and hold the power button (the one at the top right side of the ipad, along the back) and the home button (the big round button at the bottom of the screen) together for 10-15 sec. You will get an apple logo.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That resolved the issue and I am now able to install the IOS update. Thank you. I would like to get rid of that message now.

When do you get that message exactly? Is it while opening any specific app? I would like to know the name of that app please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure, it just pops up when it has been inactive and then I need to reply open or later.

It is one of your apps that is trying to access your friends. It can be the contacts, or the facebook/twitter app etc.

Can you just wait and let me know when that pops up again? The name of the app would be perfect.
Do you have an app named "find my friends"?

If you have, open it and try signing in.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a novice user at best, XXXXX XXXXX will have to let you know. I don't have very many apps installed on my IPAD, I thought it might be something in he setup options that is doing this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am being asked to enable location services. Do I want to enable this option?

Yes lets enable that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have enabled it and it asked me to establish a passcode. It looks like IOS7 was installed and now the IPAD home screen looks different. Just when I was getting use to the old one....

If you want a passcode, let's produce one. Or if you don't need it, you have the option to skip.

However, previously if you were using a passcode, you will need to use it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done and it looks like it has something to do with locating my Iphone. I don't have an Iphone, so I want to turn it off?

You can enable that- it is called "find my iPhone", correct? It's a common name for iPod touch, iPad and iPhone. It helps you find the location of the iPad if you lose it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was just reading that in the Settings under find my IPAD. I think I am good now. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me resolve my problem and for that I am thankful.

Great to know that, Pamela...:)

Have a wonderful day!

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.