Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I went to switch Aperture to an old library. It was still

I went to switch Aperture to an old library. It was still showing under the Library list.
However I go a message Aperture Cannot Access this Library - To use this library, make sure its file permissions are set correctly. My only option is acknowledge this message and then Aperture shuts itself down.
I am running it on a Mac Notebook and its the latest version.
I tried shutting down my mac and restarting but it the same thing.
What can I do?
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Version 10.8.5

2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7

OK. I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The disk did need to be repaired and file permissions restored but the problem did not resolve itself.

OK Quit Aperture, hold down the Option and Command keys and start Aperture. Run Rebuild.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's it. Its all working now. Thanks for your help

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.