Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hey there. i lost a document and its not showing up in autosave

Hey there.
i lost a document and it's not showing up in autosave (actually there are NO files in the autosave folder) and I can't find the version using time machine.
I saw a phantom version of the document but all the buttons were greyed out and then it vanished. (It's also not in the recent versions list). Any advice on retreiving this?
What kind of document are you referring to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

an excel worksheet

Did you actually name and save the file first?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nope, but i have it set to autosave every 5 minutes and It was open and sitting in my doc for several days before it disappeared.

Autosave does not work until you actually save the document and name it. Then it begins the autosave feature for whatever save interval you chose. Sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything else I can do?

No sorry even Time Machine does not backup anything until it is saved. I wish it were otherwise but it is what it is sorry.