Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I recently subscribed to Sirius/XM I keep getting 1001 Error

I recently subscribed to Sirius/XM I keep getting 1001 Error .Tech Support at Sirius tells me that Mac doesn't support the Flash that Sirius/XM uses. Is there anything I can do? MacBook Pro, OSX 10.8.5

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you. Error 1001 means a slow or temporary disrupted internet connection.

Can you restart your Mac and then try again.

Also, did it work before on your Mac?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have the latest version of Sirius/XM and yes I have re-started my Computer several times. I run MacKeeper to do a Cleaning and then I run CleanMyMac2 or sometimes the other way around.

I only get the 1001 Error when I'm trying to listen to Art Bell Dark Matter on The Indy Channel. I have no problems when I'm listening to any of the Music Channels, no problems when I listen to other Talk Shows on Sirius/XM

That probably indicates an issue with that specific channel/stream, other then that it does not seem to have any problems.

This is normal for it to happen with some channels, and that should be fixed automatically, depending on when Sirius identifies it.

Thanks