Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

My ipad is not picking up my bluetooth jbl micro speaker

Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

We can try to reset your ipad as follows:

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your ipad boots. Go back to Bluetooth settings and connect your speaker. Make sure the speaker is ON and in pairing mode.

graphic

Please let me know if this reset worked or not. Thank you!

Nick
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I still says connection unsuccessful. HOw do I know it is in the pairing mode?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Carol.

So your ipad saw the speaker?

Do you have the speaker manual to check?

Did ipad ask for code to pair?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It saw the pad and did not ask for the code. There does not seem to be a manual

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I looked online and could not find one.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Carol.

Please go back to Settings. Turn off Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth back on. When you see the speaker bluetooth on the list, tap it and see if it will pair. Or still have the same problem.

If not working, check the speaker for a model or label. I need this info to find the manual.

Nick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

it is JBL Micro Wireless

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is still not seeing anything

Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks.

Please hold the Power button on your speaker for about 3-5 seconds. It will make a beep sound. Your ipad will see the speaker and pair/connect.

If not working, turn speaker off. Turn it back on and hold Power button for 3-5 seconds. On ipad, connect again.

Let me know if this method worked or not. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Not doing it. Odd, I have paired before. This is a new ipad too.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks.

Please turn off the speaker. Wait for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and hold Power button for 3-5 seconds. It should beep. Then check your ipad bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth Off and On and check again to pair.

Did this method work?

Nick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I got it paired. I needed to unpair it, then repair it. Done!!!! Thanks. Would use this service again.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Excellent! Glad it worked out Carol. Please rate my answer so I can get credit.

Have a great day!

Nick
Nick H., Mac Specialist