John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

help exporting iphotos photos to iphone. Wont sync.

Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you tell me the version of OS X and iTunes that you have installed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.7.5 OSx

11.1.1 itunes

Thanks, Brian.

You may have tried this but let's run through it and see where the problem happens.

The Photos tab in iTunes is used for syncing photos from the computer to the iPhone.

Open iTunes on your computer

plug-in your iPhone

Select it when it appears in the iTunes sidebar.

You will see a new menubar appear above the summary page for your device (Summary, Info, Apps, Music, etc...). Select the Photos tab.

On the Photos tab, Check the box to Sync from iPhoto

Then, choose the albums, events, etc. of Pictures you wish to put on the device.

When done, click Sync.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks John. Yep done all of this many times before. Nothing happens

Ok. Does syncing work otherwise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. Music syncs. And it takes photos from Iphone to mac just fine

Ok.

Can you tell me the version if iPhoto you have? Also the version of iOS installed on the iPhone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iphone is latest iOS 7.0.2

iPhoto is 11 v 9.4.3

Thanks! A real mystery.

Brian

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX indeed a rather odd problem.

Let's try this;

Open iTunes on your computer

plug-in your iPhone

On the Photos tab, REMOVE the check mark from the box to Sync from iPhoto

Sync your iPhone.

Disconnect the iPhone

Quit iTunes

In the Finder, click the Go item in the menu bar and choose Home.

Open the Pictures folder and locate the iPhoto Library file.

Control-click or right-click the iPhoto Library file and choose Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.

In the new window that opens, locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and movie it to the Trash.

Note: Do not remove or modify any other file within the library. Removing or modifying other files may cause data loss.

Close all Finder windows.

Now, re-open iTunes, connect your iPhone and try syncing photos from iPhoto once more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You da freaking man! Thanks John. I've asked many Apple experts and no one could answer my question - and yet you did it without even seeing my phone or Mac. Amazing. I'm a CFO for a medium sized firm. We are iPhone folks. You just became my defacto Apple support desk.

Brian Brackemyre

You are very welcome, Brain!

I enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can be reached directly via the following page and if you mention my name the next time you ask a question it should be reserved for me:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/