John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have an IMAC 10.5.8/ 2.4 Gb/MGH and an IPOD ModelMC769LL?A,13.6GB. I

I have an IMAC 10.5.8/ 2.4 Gb/MGH and an IPOD ModelMC769LL?A,13.6GB.
I want to confirm my ID's and Passwords because I cannot bbe ure that they are identical. In addition my access to them is denied due to " Incorrect ID or Password. " Is there a way to get me coordinated and how do I updatr to a more current operating system? Thank you for your [email protected]
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify, this is the Apple ID and password XXXXX are referring to?

Also, the model number seems to point to an iPad rather than an iPod, is this correct?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

We seem to have parted company. My questions still stand.

[email protected]

Hi Eugene,

if you've replied to my questions then I did not recieve the answers. I will need this information to assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is an Apple ID/ Password XXXXX and an IPad rather than anIPOD

Okay, thanks.

How are you trying to sign in when you get the incorrect ID or password XXXXX?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I try " Old " passwords again with no success. I have used the Apple change your ID and Password XXXXX and used new data successfully but when there is a lagtime between logins I am not able to do so with the last password.

Thanks. Length of time between uses should not effect password XXXXX under normal circumstances.

Is this problem mainly on your computer (for iTunes) or on the iPad or both?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems to be both

Okay, first let's try and make sure that both are using the same ID.

If your iPad is currently signed in to the Apple or iTunes Stores then you can check which ID it is using on the iPad by the following;

tap Settings

tap "iTunes & App Store"

Then, locate the Apple ID listed.

You should compare this to the one used on iTunes on the Mac;

open iTunes

Click the "Store" menu item at the top of the screen. It may list the ID in use on this menu.

If you can't pull up your Apple ID using the info above BUT you currently have purchased music in iTunes on your computer then you may be able to see the ID; To view this information, simply select any purchased song in iTunes and press Command-I or choose "Get Info" from the File menu. Then in the Summary tab of the window that appears (this should be the default tab), you should see the name / Apple ID listed.

Once both are confirmed, then we can verify account details, etc... Let me know if you have problems along the way.

Due to the way JustAnswer currently works, I must post this as an Answer and you will likely be asked to rate it; do not rate yet, simply reply back, until we are finished with your issue.

Thanks,