Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

I just purchased a new ipad and am using the zagg keyboard.

I just purchased a new ipad and am using the zagg keyboard. I have a few questions. How do I turn the keyboard off? And, when I view settings, or gmail, the screen is split - i.e. 1/3 is the gmail or setting. I want a full screen not a split screen. Is that possible in gmail? It is on my iphone.

Hello Barbara! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. You can press or slide the power button of the Zagg keyboard to turn on / off. Or go to Settings -> Bluetooth, and turn off bluetooth. You can put two fingers, one on each of the keyboard splits, then slide them together to make it full screen. Or you can press & hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right of the keyboard icon on the screen, then select the appropriate option. You can also go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard, and turn of Split keyboard.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, do you mean the split keyboard like in the video below? Or is it something else?

Yes, please reboot the following way, then check: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i think the ipad justs operates with a split screen in email. not like the iphone. Unless you know otherwise.
Do you use the iPad's built-in Mail app or Gmail app you've downloaded from the App Store?

Can you capture the screen, so I can check? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the gmail app. let me try to capture the screen.

can't capture the screen sorry
That's okay. Do you see menu option in Gmail app? Look for menu/setting, and see if there is an option to turn off split screen, etc. Thank you