Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Is it harmful to my iPad or the life of its battery if I leave

Is it harmful to my iPad or the life of its battery if I leave it "on charge" all the time OR is it more beneficial to the iPad and the battery if I take it "off charge" once in a while. Thanks! Apple fan to the END because I'm smart - I just don't know a lot about batteries!
Mary Jane
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Hi MaryJane. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The iPad, iPhone, iPod, Macs and most of all latest devices have the built-in over charge protection installed on them. That means if they are charged 100%, the charging circuits will be turned off. Then they will continue to charge only if the battery charged discharging.

All modern devices have lithium battery installed on them. So to answer to your question, Nope, it is not harmful to your iPad or to the battery if you leave it plugged.

But Apple recommends that once a month you can let the battery run down all the way from 100% to 10% or lower to calibrate the battery indicator.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you very much, Ashik! I have much respect for Apple Inc. employees. I know much is expected from you and I KNOW you work very hard.

My beloved daughter, Leigh, worked in Cupertino for many years. She took great pride in being a member of The Apple Team and LOVED her job. But, she worked very hard - to the detriment of her health. Harsh physical therapy subsequent to simple carpal tunnel surgery led to severe nerve damage which ultimately led to her death. She was only 39 years old. I miss her very much.

Again, thank you for your help. I wish for you a happy, HEALTHY life and much success in your professional life.

Mary Jane

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
I'm very sorry for your loss Mary :( I don't know what to say, but don't be sad Mary. Everything will be fine.

And thank you very much for your kind words Mary. I really appreciate it.

Take Care,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You were very helpful to me and answered my question thoroughly. Thank you very much! I would consider you a very valuable employee.
MaryJane Blankenship