jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair

Grandaughter did a password, cant rememberit, now I cant get

Customer Question

Grandaughter did a password, cant rememberit, now I cant get anything??
Category: Mac
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 9 months ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I understand technology can be frustrating at times and hopefully together we can come up with a solution to your problem.

jstinehelfer :

Can you tell me what password XXXXX are having trouble with?

jstinehelfer :

Getting in to your IPAD? Itunes?

jstinehelfer :

Email password?

jstinehelfer :

I need to know what your trying to do so I know what password XXXXX having problems with

Customer:

I cannot get anything on my ipad

jstinehelfer :

You mean you have a blank screen? Or there is a password XXXXX log in to your Ipad that wont allow you in?

Customer:

It did have a password XXXXX the number would not work, said to wait 60 min. tried again and box is gone and just shows my picture

jstinehelfer :

Ok lets try to hold the home button and sleep/wake button until you see the apple logo start up.

jstinehelfer :

This will power reset the IPAD so you can start over

Customer:

Where is the sleep wake button

jstinehelfer :

with the home button facing down its should be upper right corner on the edge

Customer:

I get an arrow circle which disappears

jstinehelfer :

If you held both the home and sleep/wake button it should have shut off then came back on with the apple logo

jstinehelfer :

then come up to the normal screen

jstinehelfer :

so it did not do this?

Customer:

It did then went b ack to picture, that says connect to itunes

jstinehelfer :

Ok so to many attempts have been done and it will not allow you back in.

jstinehelfer :

There is a support document by apple that explains this.

Customer:

Correct

jstinehelfer :

Please give me a minute to look that up

jstinehelfer :

When was the last time you backed up your Ipad to Itunes?

Customer:

Long time

jstinehelfer :

Well unfortunately your going to have to restore it back to your last backup

Customer:

I am not very good at this so could you call me(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

jstinehelfer :

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212 <click link for apple support article

jstinehelfer :

I am sorry we are not aloud to talk on the phone

jstinehelfer :

Did my link help you get your Ipad fixed?

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You were wonderful and I did rate you as excellent and sent it in. thank you. thank you. Thank you
Thank you so much for the awesome rating and I hope for the best for you and your family. Thank you for using justanswer.