Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

I have spent hours trying to restore my email accounts on my

I have spent hours trying to restore my email accounts on my phone. Verizon could not help me

My IPAD is properly configured and receiving all email. The devices are paired. Both have Blue Tooth

Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

The phone that your having issues with.. What brand and model of phone is it.

Is it an iphone? And if so, what model?

Thanks,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It is a Droid Razr. My office email was set up on it, but the Verizon person told me to delete the email off because it was not receiving all of my office emails. The name of our company changed due to a me0rger and our email address changed from ywcasjc to ywcancin. Emails received at the old ywcasjc address were automatically forwarded to ywcancin. My phone was only getting ones sent to the new email address. The IPAD and my office email get the mail correctly (from both addresses), so I do not think it is a server problem. Just a phone problem. At any rate, the phone will not allow me to read the account. It freezes the screen on the setup wizard (corporate). Our hosting for the corporate account is through Google if that matters.

Thanks! At my wits end. I have spent hours!

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
HI Linda, thats some great information you sent..

Question, you mentioned that the hosting for the corporate account is through google?

For your incoming and outgoing servers, are you using google servers?

can you send me a cheat sheet with your mail setup settings showing your incoming and outgoing servers / ports?

That will help me to help you get the phone setup.. Thanks Linda,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

incoming

pop.gmail,com

port 995

SSL required

outgoing

smpt.gmail.com

port 465

SSL requited

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Ahhh..

On yoru droid, instead of using or choosing exchange as the email account type.

What happens if your in the wizard, and you choose gmail instead..

Try this on your phone and see what happens.

1. Touch Image
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Under Accounts touch +Add Account
  4. Touch Google
  5. Touch Existing
  6. Enter Email Address and Password.

will it let you complete that entry.. and if so.. Will your account work now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You were fabulous! Thank you!