Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Can I go back to IOS6, IOS7 doesnt work for me on iPhone

Can I go back to IOS6, IOS7 doesn't work for me on iPhone

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

You sure can do that.

First, I need the full model name of your iPhone.

On the back of your iPhone, which model is listed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model A1387

Thank you for the update.

I have found the correct firmware for you.

Here is the firmware, first download it and save it: http://tinyurl.com/9ytdcra

- Plug your iPhone into your computer
- Open iTunes
- Click your iPhone to select it
- Click the Summary tab
- While holding the shift button on your keyboard, click the Restore button
- It will ask you to locate the firmware file. Navigate to the file that you saved from the link that I gave you above and click open.

Finish that upgrade/restore and you will be good to go.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Languages БългарскиČeštinaDanskDeutschΕλληνικάEnglishEspañolEestiSuomiFrançaisHrvatskiMagyarBahasa IndonesiaItaliano日本語한국어LietuviųLatviešuNederlandsNorsk BokmålPolskiPortuguês (Brasil)PortuguêsRomânăPусскийSlovenščina (Slovenija)SlovenčinaSvenskaไทยTürkçe简体中文繁體中文

iOS: Troubleshooting update and restore issues

Symptoms

Follow these steps if you receive an error or alert message when attempting to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes.

Resolution

Using these steps, you can resolve most restore errors on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.

2. Verify that your computer operating system is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after restarting.

• On a Mac: In the Apple () menu, choose Software Update. Install all available updates.

• On a Windows PC: Go to the Microsoft Windows Update page.

3. Check your security software: Note: Most restore issues are caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software, firewalls, and network router settings or firmware.

• Isolate the issue to third-party software.

• Update security software.

• Properly configure your security software.

• Temporarily disable or uninstall your security software.

4. Temporarily remove any unnecessary USB devices, leaving only your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the USB cable that came with your device, and a keyboard and mouse, if necessary.

5. Restart your computer and try again.

Note: To perform some of these steps, you need to be logged in to the computer as an administrator. If you are not sure if you have administrator access, contact the owner of the computer or the system administrator.

Additional Information

Following the steps listed above will resolve most update and restore errors. The alert message in iTunes may include one of the following error codes:

-1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 20, 21, 23, 26, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, -48, -50, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1479, 1601, 1600, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1631, 1638, 1639, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2009, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200, 9006, 9807, -9808, 9844, 4026xxxxx.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=e005de0e-d79c-4110-b1fb-0f3204f12a4d

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

done

Thank you.

Thank you again,
- Jason