Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

Updated IPad2 to IOS7 and can no longer take images of business-sized

Updated IPad2 to IOS7 and can no longer take images of business-sized checks on my online banking app. Only personal-sized checks go through. It comes back with an error that it cannot read the account coding at the bottom of the check. I have to hold the IPad too far away in order to get the all four corners of the check in the frame. A friend has the IPad2 and updated IOS7 and isn't having any problems. We even use the same bank site.

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

I am sorry that you are having problem with your Banking app. Please first go to Appstore. Select Updates. If you see there is an update for your Online Banking app. Tap update. When done, open the app and try to scan the check again.

If that did not work, tap and hold the Online Banking app for 2-3 seconds. Tap the small x and select Delete. After that go to Appstore and search for your app. Download it again. Open the app and try to scan the check.

Please reply back if you have any questions or troubles. Otherwise, please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if you got my response, but it did not work. I deleted and uploaded the bank app again. Also, my friend uses the same bank site, same IPad2 and updated the IOS7. I don't think it's a bank app problem, but something is messed up with my camera resolution. I will wait for your reply.

Thanks Nick

Thanks for your reply and update.

Please do a Setting Reset.

On your ipad, go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings (1st option).

Your ipad will reboot. Setup with WiFi and other services. Test the Bank app again with your business check.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OMG that still didn't work. What has happened? Can I uninstall this damn IOS update?

Does your friend's Ipad scan the business checks or personal checks? Or both?

We can downgrade but it has to be done manually. Can you try to clean the camera's lens and try to scan again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Her IPad scans both just like mine did prior to the install of IOS7, but she installed IOS7 as well. The problem is I have to hold the IPad so far away from the check that it just doesn't read the account detail. It was never like that before. Not sure what you mean by clean the camera lens??? It reads a personal sized check fine and deposits it okay.

Thanks so much for your info.

We can try another reset.

Press and hold the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10-12 seconds. Release when you see the Apple logo comes up. Then open the app and try to scan the business check.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Didn't work. When the frame comes up to take a picture of the check, fonts and everything are quite large. My icons seem okay, but maybe it's a display problem. I sure hope you can find the answer!

If that is the case, please check to see if it is zoomed in. Use two finger and do the gesture for zoom out. Two finger started out closing in. Does the fonts and image is normal now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it didn't work. It's late and I'm done for the day. Can I reconnect with you tomorrow from work? I will bring mu IPad with me.

Please save this page to your Bookmarks or Favorites. Click on the saved link to reconnect with me tomorrow.

We can try to backup your ipad to computer via iTunes and then restore your ipad and try again.

If still not working, I will upload the file and give you the links and instructions to downgrade your iPad.

Please do the following steps to Backup your iPad with iTunes and Restore the ipad back to Factory Settings. And then restore from Backup.

First backup your iPad with iTunes. Connect your iPad to computer. Open iTunes. Let iTunes sync with your ipad. If backup started, let it backup and wait until that is done.

Select iPad. Under Summary, go to Backups section. Select This Computer option. Then click Backup Now. See photo.

This will backup your iPad data such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, and more.

Once done, we click Restore button. This will restore your iPad back to Factory Settings. If there is an update for your iPad, iTunes will download and update. It will take 30-60 minutes or more based on your internet connection.

After restored, activate your iPad. Then click Restore Backup button under Backups section. Select the Backup that we just did. Then your iPad should be working normally.

Download the app or update it. Try to scan the business checks. See if it will work after this Restore.

If still not working, we will have to manually restore iOS 6.1.3 on your ipad 2.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, but I made an appointment to go the Apple store. I think someone has to actually see my IPad. Doing it over the internet just isn't working for the type of problem I'm having.

I appreciate the time you put into trying to resolve my issue.

Thank you

You are welcomed. Please come back and let me know what they did. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I definitely will! My appointment is Sunday morning, so I will send you a message after that.

Thanks again

Have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apple couldn't find the problem. We did erase my IPad and start over, and then I reloaded from my back up. On the way home, my friend said have you tried depositing another business-sized check from someone else? When I got home, I tried depositing a check I just received and it worked. What is weird is I had just deposited a check from that same company that started this whole mess just last month. So it was the check!

Thank you so much for getting back with me.

Glad you have this issue sorted out. We did all the resets so definitely not software and hardware problems. Never realize it was the check.

Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!