Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a macbook pro OSX 10.8.4 and Im using the logitech

I have a macbook pro OSX 10.8.4 and I'm using the logitech c920 on it. It keeps freezing. Is there a reason for this?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Lets try a simple test.. Unplug your webcam.

Shut down the mac.. Plug t he webcam back in.

Start your mac.

Now, open quicktime and test.. Does it still only allow 15 seconds of recording before it freezes?

And also, when you say it freezes.. What freezes.. The video itself, or the entire quicktime program?

Thanks,

Dustin S
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As simple a fix as that was, I'm not even upset at my investment of $38. I wanted the problem solved and you provided that. And to answer your question (for your future knowledge) it was the video that froze, not quicktime.

Thanks a lot Dustin.

Thanks Gerren..

A small bit of advice I would have given you, if it had been quicktime freezing ( or if quictime does freeze in the future would be to do the following )

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

That being said...

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.