Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

how can I by-pass my passcode? I do not remember whet it is

Customer Question

how can I by-pass my passcode? I do not remember whet it is and I cannot ope my ipad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 9 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Can you tell me if you have updated your iPad to the new iOS7?

Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes< I just did that yesterday.

You will need to restore the iPad using iTunes and this would erase all data and set it up as new. You may have the option to restore from back up if that is available.

Can you tell me if you have iTunes installed on your computer?

Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes

Thank you for providing the information.

Please follow the steps below:

Step 1:
Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPad.

Step 2:
Turn off the iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake (top) button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

While pressing and holding the Home button down (the round button in the center), connect the USB cable to the iPad this will turn the device back on.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:

iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:

The iTunes will display an option to "Restore iPad", click the "Restore iPad" button. It will take between 30 to 50 minutes for it to Complete. (Do not disconnect the iPad from Computer while it is doing the restore)

Once the restore is complete, it will ask you to set it up as a new iPad or restore from a back up (if any is available).

You can then make your selection to either set it up as new (which will delete all previous data) OR restore from back up if any is available.

The setup prompt (if you set it up as new) may ask you to set a new passcode, just skip that option or set a new passcode that you can easily remember and make a note of it.

Should you have any questions or problems while performing the steps above, please ask me.

Thank you.
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I followed your instructions.The connect to itunes screen did not come up. Instead I have the itunes icon in the middle of the page and a long white line in the lower half center of the page. A lock is showing at the top of the line, with an arrow pointing up above the line.

Does it looks like this:

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes

That is the Connect to iTunes symbol. :)

Can you now see the Restore iPad option on iTunes?

As shown in the picture below:

Please Click on the Restore iPad button.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no, nothing

Is it still showing connect to iTunes on the iPad and is the iPad connected to the computer running iTunes?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no, I disconnected everything and shut itunes off and shut the ipad off.Too disgusted.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am lost so I will give up for now

Please follow all the steps mentioned above.

This is very easy to do if all steps are followed correctly.

You can perform them later at your convenience and when you feel comfortable.

Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK

Thanks. If there is a problem please let me know. I will be online in a few hours.