Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi there, Its been an year that we are trying to find a

Hi there,

It's been an year that we are trying to find a way to install Eudora 6.2.4 on a MacBook Pro bought on December 2012 with OSX Mountain Lion.

We know we can virtualize an older version of OSX but we don't want to install Parallel Desktop/VMware Fusion just for the email client.

Is there a way to install an old application like Eudora 6.2.4 on OSX Mountain Lion now that Apple removed the Rosetta support?

If it's not possible, is there a way to import all the messages sent in over 10 years (in/out/other folders) and the attachments from Eudora 6.2.4 to another email client?

We already tried to do import messages from Eudora to Mail/Outlook/MailForge but:

- the HTML code of the message is displayed instead of the rich text;
- no embedded pictures;
- no file attachments;
- the sent date is wrong

Another option could be to install an older version of OSX on the new MacBook, is that possible? Now it runs OSX Mountain Lion, we know that Eudora can work on OSX Snow Leopard.

Thanks,
Alex
Hi Alex. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unfortunately, No. There is no way to install Rosetta applications on Mountaion Lion

Yes, that is possible. But there will be some formatting and compatability issues like you listed in your question.

No. It is not possible. Because the oldest version of Mac OS X that you can run is the version that came with your Mac. Your Mac came with 10.8 Mountain Lion. Snow Leopard doesn't have the requires hardware files i.e kexts files needed for the new chipsets or hardware that come in the new macs. You will not be able to boot your Mac to Snow Leopard even if you install it.

I've one suggestion which I believe you didn't try yet. There are some email conversion applications out there, like Emailchemy. Get it from here : http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/

It is not free, but try the trial version before buying it. You can use it to convert your Eudora mailboxes to new Apple Mail format.

Try Emailchemy and please let me know the results.

Best Regards,