Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I seem to have lost iPhoto. The icon is gone. when I put

I seem to have lost iPhoto. The icon is gone. when I put a camera sandisk into the slot nothing comes up.

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

On your Mac click on Go from the top of the screen then click on "Applications" from the drop down.

Locate iPhoto icon on your click and hold on the icon. Then drag it the dock at the bottom of your screen. That will place the icon on your dock.

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not see the word "go" on the top of my screen.

You will have to minimize all your windows and be on your desktop you will then see Go top of the screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Easier said then done. if I minimize safari which is the only thing on right now, your instructions get minimize as well. i see nothing else to minimize

Yes you must minimize safari as well and be at your desktop. You will then see Go.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found go and clicked on applications but there is no icon for iPhoto.

Do you have the disc your Mac came with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I doubt it but will look

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I doubt it but will look

i found a iMac disk titled applications instal DVD

Insert the Applications installation disc into your computer’s optical drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions. In the Installation Type pane, click Customize.

Click the disclosure triangle next to Bundled Applications, select the checkbox next to the application you want to install, and then click Install.

Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did insert the cd but nothing happens. That is the same as when i put a photo sandisk for pictures in, nothing happens. iPhoto used to come right on. when i used to install a disk it would open right up but not now.

i have several thousand picures in this computer that now seem to be lost. I can find some of the pictures when i use "finder" but not all of them.

i don't even remember how to eject these cd's it has been a long time.

There is a eject button top right of your keyboard to eject.

If it doesn't autoplay, click on Go top of the screen. On the drop down click on "Computer".

Then you should see the CD listed click on it to start the disc.