Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

Hello! I want to stop receiving my husbands texts. I do not

Customer Question

Hello! I want to stop receiving my husbands texts. I do not have the option to remove send and receive. where can I go now. I can removed imessages but It stops my messages from being blue.The are not green messages.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for the question. To remove the messages from one person you can do the following:

1) Tap Settings
2) Tap Messages
3) Tap Send and Receive and uncheck the address you do not want to receive messages for

Is this what you already tried when you mentioned you do not see that option? If so let me know what happens when you do (ie - is there an error or is the option missing?).

I look forward to your reply. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello! yes, I have no send/receive option.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings -> General -> About, and tell me which "Version" is shown as well as which type of phone this is (ie - iPhone 4, 4s, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Version 7.0.2(11asol). I phone 4s
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It is version 7.0.2.iphobe 4s
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi! It is version 7.0.2. I have a iphone 4s

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you have "iMessage" turned on from Settings -> Messages? That is the only case I know of where send and receive is not available. If iMessage is off, turn it back on and you should then have send and receive. At that point, just uncheck the account you do not want to receive messages for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! will this stop me from receiving his as well as him receiving mine.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
If you share the same Apple ID it will prevent you from seeing both yours and his. This is one of the disadvantages of sharing accounts since you will receive iMessages from the same account on all Apple devices. But if you just want your own iMessage account associated with just your device it is very simple to create one and add it to your device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how to go about doing that.
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Yes, of course. Please follow the steps below and let me know if you have any questions:

1) Click here to create a new Apple ID. This ID will need to be associated with a valid email address not yet associated with another Apple ID (ie - not your husbands email address but your own)
2) Once you have the ID created, go to your phone and tap Settings -> Messages -> Send and Receive -> Add Another Email
3) Type the new email address associated with your new Apple ID and tap "Return" to complete adding the new account
4) You will see "Verifying" shown until the account is verified. Check your email for an email from Apple. In that email there is a link that says "Verify Now". Once you click that link your account will be verified and you can start sending/receiving iMessages using the new account.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!