Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

itunes wouldnt open. Tried repair but it stopped in the middle

itunes wouldn't open. Tried repair but it stopped in the middle and just stayed there. Same with uninstall. Now I'm stuck too :) Windows 7, iTunes up to date.

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

Would you mind allowing me to remotely control your computer? I can assist in removing iTunes and associated software and help reinstall it.

Customer:

Hi Brandon: A client just came in. I'll have to postpone this chat. How may I do that please?

Customer:

Honor

Brandon M. :

No worries. Just leave the chat window open and reply when you are ready to continue.

Customer:

Okay, Brandon. I'm ready to go again. Thanks

Customer:

Honor

Brandon M. :

Great. Just a second and I will get you a link.

Customer:

Great.

Brandon M. :

Please go here: http://goo.gl/ZPJ0cL - when asked for a code, please use BTNU

Brandon M. :

It should prompt you to run some software - please do so.

Customer:

Done. Symantec freaked. Looks as if you are in now.

Brandon M. :

Awesome connecting now.

Customer:

I see you're connected but nothing happening...

Brandon M. :

Sorry, mind if i take control?

Customer:

Go ahead.

Seems there is more going on than just iTunes not launching. Per our chat in the remote software, you will try restoring from you Carbonite backup. If not, you will take it to a local computer store to have Windows reinstalled.

I hope I have been helpful in today's session. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please be sure to rate the service you received today by choosing a rating in the bottom right corner. You may also provide a tip after rating, if you feel I deserve one (thank you in advance!). Should you wish to request me in the future, you can bookmark/favorite my profile page by clicking my name on the left. Have a great rest of your day.
Best Regards,
Brandon