Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I have almost 7000 photos in iPhoto. What is the SIMPLEST way

I have almost 7000 photos in iPhoto. What is the SIMPLEST way to put them on an external hard drive?? I am very computer DUMB
Thank you!!!

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Just to make sure you photos are safe, may I start a remote session so that I can do this for you?

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=e2e62f85-2928-4f41-b85d-9144f29e70e0

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on my iMac but trying to join your session on my macbook pro

Oh okay.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Thank you for the update.

- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security
- Click to allow apps from anywhere to be ran
- Run the remote application once more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wont let me

How come?

Click the little lock icon on the bottom left first and enter your password, if asked for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have it done but when I try to join that screen just goes away:(

Thank you.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason