Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a macbook that is a few years old and I downloaded some

I have a macbook that is a few years old and I downloaded some photos from my email to iPhoto. Now I want to see them in iMovie so I can make a video. Some of them did not show up...what can I do to get the photos from iPhoto to iMovie?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

A couple of notes, the photos have to be Jpeg..

Next.. Instead of trying to drag and drop directly from iphoto into an imovie project.

Instead, copy the pictures you want to use in the imovie project, onto a new folder on your desktop, and then try dragging and dropping the pictures from the folder, into imovie.

f you have photos that arent jpeg.. Then consider exporting those photos from iphoto as jpegs.. And then reimporting them into iphoto.. That should allow them to drag and drop again.

And if not, moving them to a folder on the desktop should do the trick..

If you get stuck or have any questions, let me know..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Those suggestions did not work at all. I still cannot get the photos to show up in iMovie but I now have them on a dvd, in an album on iPhoto and in a folder in jpg format on my desktop. Other ideas?

Question.. If you drag the photos from the folder on your desktop, into imovie.

They dont transfer over?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They do not transfer over. They stay in folder and are not to be found in iMovie. I looked at events and last imports and all photos. In iPhoto I even have an album just for those photos and all my other photos from iPhoto seem to be there. It is very strange.

Ok, it has to be an imovie preference file issue then.. So lets trash the file.. and then restart your mac and then try to move photos from iphoto to imovie's media pane.

Heres some in depth explanations of how to trash the imovie.plist file

Good luck,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before I try that, I have a project I have been working on in iMovie. I want to make sure that project is saved and still available when I come back. Please tell me how to do that.

These steps should work.

If you dont have an external hard drive, then you can drag your poject folder to your desktop instead..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it thanks.

Question, when you say Got it, thanks.

Are you saying that you were able to get everything working after deleting the plist file..

Or, are you just saying that you figured out how to backup your projects?