Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

Hi, I am trying to upload to Google Drive photos in the tiff

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to upload to Google Drive photos in the tiff format. When the photo is finally uploaded to Google Drive in appears as an icon rather than a photo.

can you give advise to solve this problem. I have many photo in the tiff format that I want
to upload.

many thanks, John
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

If you click on grid view while in google drive, as shown on the picture below

graphic

You will be able to see a thumbnail for tiff files..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dustin,

Thank you for your advice but I am in grid mode. A little more information: When I upload jpgs everything works as expected,

But with I upload the the tiffs (52 megs each) i get the Icon.

I can play around and get the icon to open but not easily.

Seeing just the Icon isn't any value to me I must be able to see the

photo..

Let me know if you have any suggestions

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, Ive been uploading Tiff files , and I see a somewhat large thumbnail with the precise photo image..

Maybe the issue is your browser.... Are you using safari with google drive?

If so.. can you try with google chrome, or mozilla.. ( ive verified the views im discussing with mozilla )

If you cant get it working, I can always connect to you from here and have a look at your settings on your browser / drive account..

Dustin S.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dustin,

Thanks for the advise on trying uploading with Chrome or FireFly.

I did both with no avail.

I did however reduce the file size and it uploaded.

Google's spec's for tiff upload is unlimited size so I don't understand

why reducing file size is working.

Have you got any other ideas?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
DId you only reduce the size.. Or did you also start viewing your drive via the other browser..

( firefox or chrome ? )

As far as why its working at a smaller size.. Question.. when you used a program to reduce the file size.. what program did you use? And was that the original program that created the tiff image?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I took the tiff into photoshop and reduced the size and saved it in the

tiff format then uploaded to Google Drive and everything worked as it should. I was using Chrome when I uploaded the reduced image tiff

file. None of the browsers have worked with the full file size.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Question though, what would happen if you took a full size tiff..

Opened it in photoshop, renamed it and saved it as a new tiff file, t hrough photoshop ( same size )

And then uploaded it... Maybe, photoshop is editing the file in a way that is making it readable by google drive.. ( it may not be due to the size )