Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have the cable to hook my iPad to my tv and watch on the

I have the cable to hook my iPad to my tv and watch on the tv screen. How do I make it work?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I am ready

Shefin :

Please watch the video below.

Shefin :

Are you able to do that?

Customer:

I am going to try changing the input. That may have been my problem. Be back in a few minutes

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

On the video it looked like they pressed the key under the 9 on the tv remote. On my remote, that is #. I pressed input on the remote, but nothing... I should tell you I am not so good at this. My husband always took care of technical issues, but, he passed away. I appreciate you being there, Shefin

Customer:

I am going to watch the video again

Shefin :

May I know the TV you are using?

Shefin :

The model number?

Shefin :

Or Make of the TV?

Shefin :

So that I can help you change the input on your TV.

Shefin :

The issue is with the input you are selecting on the TV.

Customer:

Samsung

Shefin :

Model number?

Shefin :

You may find it from the top of the screen.

Customer:

Sorry, I will have to go upstairs, in fact, I am going to sign on up there. Be right back

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

Model UN32EH4003F

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Shefin :

Do you have a Media.P button on your TV Remote?

Shefin :

With your TV powered on press the SOURCE button on your remote.

Shefin :

Customer:

I am using the remote with Dish Network. Do I need to find the other remote? I don't see the options you mention

Shefin :

Please get your TV Remote.

Customer:

Ok, I pressed source and it is highlighted on HDMI/DVI

Shefin :

Yes. the same.

Shefin :

Select HDMI/DVi

Customer:

Okay, what do I do now?

Shefin :

Use the Up or down button and select the input HDMI/DVi in the Source List, and then press the TOOLS button.

Shefin :

SOrry.

Shefin :

Just have to select HDMI/DVi as input.

Shefin :

Are you able to get your iPad display on your TV now?

Customer:

Now the screen is fuzzy and the message says Weak or No signal. Run Auto Program Menu Channel

Shefin :

How did you connect the iPad to TV?

Customer:

With an adapter

Customer:

What chan should I select

Shefin :

May I know the Adapter number? Have you got it with the iPad?

Shefin :

Isa this the one you are using?

Customer:

Yes, it is connected. FCX, I think

Shefin :

Please remove it and connect it again. Make sure that you have properly connected it.

Shefin :

Simply Plug In The Dock Connector Into The iPad - Then Attach To TV HDMI Port

Shefin :

On The iPad Screen Choose The Video Or Picture You Want To Watch - High Speed Signal

Customer:

Yes

Shefin :

ARe you able to get the iPad window on your TV?

Customer:

I disconnected and reconnected.

Shefin :

Shefin :

Customer:

got it playing on the iPad

Shefin :

Are you getting the screen on your TV?

Shefin :

Make sure that you have selected Source as HDMI/DVi

Customer:

That is highlighted. Then do I press the return key between the directional keys?

Shefin :

Please try that ane check.

Customer:

Nothing... HDMI is highlighted

Shefin :

When you insert the HDMI to the TV, do you get any response from your IpAD?

Customer:

I know you must be getting frustrated with me. I am frustrated, myself~~~ I don't want to hold you too long. But, wait... I just needed to change it to HDM2, I think. Now, I have the video on my tv screen, but there is no sound.

Shefin :

gREAT!

Shefin :

yOU HAVE GOT THE VIDEO. riGHT?

Shefin :

Sorry for the caps.

Shefin :

You have got the video. Right?

Customer:

Yes, I got it AND the sound! You have helped me so much, Shefin. Thanks

Shefin :

Great!

Shefin :

I am very glad to hear that!

Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer