Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

How can I transfer apps from an old iPad to a new iPad once

How can I transfer apps from an old iPad to a new iPad once I have loaded a movie on the the new iPad

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Within iTunes, you can right click the old iPad within iTunes and choose "Transfer Purchases".

- Plug the old iPad into the computer
- Open iTunes
- Right click the iPad and choose Transfer Purchase.

The applications will now be in your library and can be synced with the new one.

Another option is that when you plug in the new iPad, you can choose to restore it from the old iPad's backup.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right clicking does nothing. How do I find the backup file to the old iPad?

Under devices, right click or Control click the iPad and choose backup or restore.

The actual backups are located in the following folder: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I am not following you. I don't find the iPad under devices in my finder and I don't know how to find the folder.

You will not find it in the Finder. You will find it in iTunes.

You are right clicking it in iTunes.

So, open iTunes, and right click the iPad within the iTunes window.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have been seeing it in iTunes and right clicking on it but nothing happens.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know what that is and I am too tired to continue. Can I contact you tomorrow?

You sure can Michael.

When you are ready to continue tomorrow, please, post a message here.

Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, but this is too difficult. It's just not working, I'm too old to deal with it. I will be a way for a week and will try again. The old iPad will be fine. Charge me the fee if appropriate, You did what you could to help me.

Thank you for the update Michael.

The only way the site will give me credit for my work is if you rate me below.

Thank you.