Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have installed IOS7 on my Apple Ipad and set up a pass code.

I have installed IOS7 on my Apple Ipad and set up a pass code. foreget to write it down. Later in the day when I came back from work and tried with pass code I thought it was correct but did not succeed. The Ipad is disabled now after attempting many times. What shall I do to get back????

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

Now since your iPad has been disabled and you have forgotten your password, we will need to restore the iPad using iTunes.

Kamil Anwar :

When you are ready, please leave me a short message so we can begin.

Customer:

Ready

Kamil Anwar :

Great. Is there any important data on the iPad ? If so, then is it backed up or not?

Kamil Anwar :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

If there is no back up then we will lose the data during the restore.

Kamil Anwar :

Step 1:
Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPad.

Kamil Anwar :

Step 2:
Turn off the iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake (top) button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

Kamil Anwar :

Step 3:

While pressing and holding the Home button down (the round button in the center), connect the USB cable to the iPad this will turn the device back on.

Kamil Anwar :

Step 4:
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:

Kamil Anwar :

iTunes should automatically open and display the following message

Kamil Anwar :

The iTunes will display an option to "Restore iPad", click the "Restore iPad" button.

Kamil Anwar :

Once the restore is complete, it will ask you to set it up as a new iPad or restore from a back up (if any is available).

Kamil Anwar :

Make your selection and proceed.

Kamil Anwar :

The setup prompt (if you set it up as new) may ask you to set a new passcode, just skip that option or set a new passcode that you can easily remember.

Kamil Anwar :

Are you still there, Sir?

Kamil Anwar :

Did you get all my messages (with steps)?

Hi Hassan,

Please follow the steps above and let me know the results.

This should restore the iPad and you should be able to use it again.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your assistance to get my Ipad back on stream. I was very much relieved to get back alive again. For the moment, I dont have any question . If I do have, in the future, I will keep you in mind. I have saved your answer and adress in my e-mail box.

Wish you best of luck and keep up the good work.

Thanks again and have fun!!!
You're welcome.

Take Care :)