Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I downloaded IOS 7 onto my Ipad and now can not get any of

I downloaded IOS 7 onto my Ipad and now can not get any of my books from the Kindle app nor from the Cloud. The message is to unregister the Ipad and then reregister the Ipad thus losing all of my downloaded items (all apps, pictures etc.) Please give me some advice so I can read my books and not lose everything. Thank you, Louise
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louise,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Kindle books...:(

Unfortunately, iOS 7 and Kindle app is having compatibility issues and therefore you need to deregister and reregister the ipad.

But don't worry, you will not loose any of your books. Even if you do, they are all on the amazon server and you should be able to download them again for free.

To deregister the ipad, open Kindle. Click on the "i" icon to the bottom part of the screen. There you will find the register/deregister button.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Louise, please don't create duplicate questions. What I understand is you are having issues reading the kindle books on the ipad after installing ios 7, correct?

I am pasting my previous answer again.

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will I lose my apps when I deregister?

Never, no need to worry.

You are just opening the "Kindle" app and there is an "i" icon. There you have the register/deregister option.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The message says to deregister the IPAD and that deregestering the Kindle app will not work. I want to know if I deregister the IPAD will lose everything and if so how can I correct the problem and not lose all my apps?

Louise, when do you get that message? Isn't that while you open the Kindle app OR do you get that when you turn on the ipad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the message ""Download failed. "To resolve this issue please sign out(settings/registration/deregister this Kindle) then sign back in. Note:uninstalling the app will not resolve this issue" Sorry to take so much time. I am just concerned that if I deregister the Ipad I will lose everything. I must not understans the message.

There is nothing called de registering the ipad. But that message is with the Kindle app, and de registering and registering the Kindle app would resolve the issue. De registering the Kindle will not affect any app on the ipad.

Here's how you can de register the Kindle app. I am not sure whether you have tried it with my previous answer, so I am posting it again. Let me know if you have already tried it. If you have, we will try different methods.

1. Open the Kindle app.

2. You will see an icon "i" somewhere to the bottom/top of the Kindle app screen.

3. Click on that "i" icon and you should be seeing an option "registered to". Click on it and de register. Now register it again.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Of course I can't find the "i" on the open Kindle

When you open Kindle, you should see the "i" to the bottom right corner.

If you don't have the "i", there will be a settings button somewhere on the page (or you might be seeing a small gear like icon instead). Click on it and there, you should be finding the registration. Click on it to deregister.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At the very bottom of the page I have Grid, Sort, Cloud, Device, Sync, and settings (the gear).

yes, the settings (the gear).

When you click on it, do you have the option called "registration"? If you have, below that you will have an "update" button. Let me know if you don't see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Vinod, thanks so much. I was typing to tell you I found what you were talking about and I have deregistered. Thank you for all your help and patience. I appreciate it. Louise

Great to know that you were able to find it out...:)

you are welcome..

Have a great day!!