Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Pleeease, can you help me resurrect my iPhoto and its 20,000+

Customer Question

Pleeease, can you help me resurrect my iPhoto and its 20,000+ photos -- it' has asked me to rebuild the library and I have tried to no avail for hours and hours, but the little clock just circles ad infinitum. Any advice, can I come in to seek your expertise?

Many thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your iPhoto frozen ? What happens when you open iPhoto now ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

A pop up comes up stating: the photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto. Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions after the upgrade. The upgrade process may take an hour or more. -- and the clock just keeps on turning and turning below the popup to no avail, even after I tried to upgrade for hours and hours...

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Have you did any software updates prior to this problem ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

possibly, as I was prompted by apple that they were available...

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
If iPhoto is currently open, then force quit by pressing Command + Option + Esc keys (in Force Quit window, select iPhoto and press Force Quit button)

Now, lets rebuild your iPhoto Library with a third party application named iPhoto Library Managerby Fat Cat Software.

Download the iPhoto Library Manager application from here : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Just download the Free Trial version. Then open iPhoto Library Manager, click on File menu and select Rebuild. Then follow the onscreen instructions to rebuild the iPhoto Library. Let it complete it. Once it is completed, open iPhoto. Let me know how it goes.

If you have any trouble following the steps above, please don't hesitate to ask and I will walk you through the steps.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

What are the chances that I destroy my library by the FatCat method you recommend...?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
0% If you are worried, you should backup your iPhoto Library to any external hard drive before rebuilding it.

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Laszlo, Thank you for rating me Positively and for the Bonus. Greatly appreciated :)

Add a bookmark of this page Laszlo. So if you have difficulty, you can get back to me directly and I will continue to help you.

Best Regards,