Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have itunes 11. On selected albums the play, shuffle and

I have itunes 11. On selected albums the play, shuffle and play next buttons do not function yet on other albums everything works fine. Are there some adjustments I can make ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

Does it matter which view you are in?

Customer:

no I just pull up the albums and try to click the play option. it plays the first track and then stops. if i choose to i can manually click on the second track and it plays only that one and stops. i noted that generally this occurs on albums i dont frequently play. i also tried the songs view with the same result.

Customer:

I am in central time. Im sorry but i need to leave for a couple of hours and will check back around noon my time. thanks for your help.

Brandon M. :

No problem. Sorry for the delay - a little swamped today.

Brandon M. :

I will be available when you return.

Customer:

I am back now.

Brandon M. :

Welcome back.

Brandon M. :

Ok, so is it always the same albums?

Brandon M. :

You said even when you re-download them?

Customer:

yes there is no change

Brandon M. :

That is interesting. Are you able to play them just fine if you double-click a song in the album?

Customer:

yes but i have to double click each track after the previous one has finished

Brandon M. :

Are they purchased or imported?

Customer:

i just now checked. they were burned from cds. not purchased from apple

Brandon M. :

Ok, In iTunes Preferences (iTunes menu on Mac, Edit menu on Windows), under Import - what is the format? MP3 or AAC?

Customer:

i just now figured it out. on the individual song listing in the left column there is an indicator of whether or not to sync the song. if i did not indicate to sync the song, the play, shuffle, etc buttons did not work. it the song was indicated to sync, the buttons did work. what do you think?

Brandon M. :

Ah, yes! Of course - that is not only a sync checkbox but it also denotes if iTunes will play it in an "auto" fashion (via shuffle or next in line).

Customer:

thanks for your help. please charge my account for the full $38.when i check out, i give you a positive rating.

Brandon M. :

You are welcome. Please rate positively in the lower right corner to close out the session.

Brandon M. :

Have a great rest of your day.

Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm