Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My grandson has apple I pad 2 will not boot up . Will display

My grandson has apple I pad 2 will not boot up . Will display the Apple Logo then goes to a blank screen. What can we do? Thank you.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

There are several steps we can do, but I dont want to flood you with technical procedures if you dont need them.

So lets try a simple step first, and if this doesnt work just send me a reply and let me know. That way, you and I can slowly go through the needed steps, one at a time till we repair this.

Ok, first step.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Apple iPad hard reset Apple iPad hard reset

Once we have tried that.. Will the ipad startup now?

If not, please try the above steps again. If you run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dustin . I tried that and still only get the logo

Question..

were you holding both the home button, and the sleep / wake button at the same time?

Lets try connecting the ipad to a computer.. and then.. Doing the exact same thing.

Hold the sleep / wake button and also the home button down for 45 seconds, and then let the ipad boot up.

does it say or show anything new on the ipad? Does it say anything on the computer such as in itunes?

Dustin S
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dustin I pad says iTunes on the screen. Have it hooked up to the computer

Great..

Next question.. Has your grandson been using the same computer you have now, to sync music or games or photos, etc..

Or, has the ipad never connected before t o the computer your using?

also.. Are we worried about losing pictures or documents from the ipad, or is the main concern just to get it working again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No this is a new computer I got . He connects to his Mac Power Book Pro. Main concern is just getting it to work

If the main concern is just getting it to work.

Then heres what we do.. With the ipad connected to your computer.

Open itunes..

Then, make sure your ipad is showing in the device window.. Then.

1. Click on the “Summary” tab and click on the “Restore” button
  2. Restore iPhone or iPad to factory settings

3. iTunes will prompt you to back up the device, this is recommended but if you want factory settings only click “Don’t Back Up”
  4. At the confirmation screen, click on “Restore” to begin restoring the device to factory settings

Once this is complete, you will have a working ipad.. If you run into any issues, let me know!

Dustin S.