Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

If I sync pictures from my iPhoto MacBook to my iPhone 5, do

If I sync pictures from my iPhoto MacBook to my iPhone 5, do those pictures go into the iPhoto file and the Photo file? I don't want duplicates. Can I just sync to the iPhoto file without having them all in my Photo file?

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

When you add photos into the iphone, they will go into the photos folder as well as to the iphoto app. So if you remove photos from the photos app, they will be removed from the iphoto as well. So they are connected.

However, there is a way you can transfer photos from the computer to the iphoto app in the phone, without adding them to the photos app. This process is called file sharing.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. The iphone name would now be listed in itunes. Click on the iphone name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, music, apps, photos, etc. Click on the "apps" tab there.

Scroll down and you will find the "file sharing" section. iphoto will be listed there. Click on it, and to the right side, you will have an option to add photos. You can select multiple photos at the same time and add them. A folder called itunes will be created within the iphoto app in the iphone and all photos will go in there.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You