Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have purchased a Mac book and want to install Adobe CS5 upgrade

I have purchased a Mac book and want to install Adobe CS5 upgrade on my Macbook, but I need CS3 in order to do that, which I was able to download on my IMac from the adobe Partners sight several years ago.
Serial # XXXXX

As I do not have a Disk to install CS3 - how can I get it onto my Mac book.

Can you help me download CS3 package again from the web.
Paul Cantin
Cantin Design Inc.

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

Which edition of CS3 do you have?

Customer:

I have the CS3 Professional series

Brandon M. :

There was no professional edition. There was Design Standard/Premium, Web Standard/Premium, Production Premium and Master Collection.

Customer:

Sorry it was Design Standard/Premium

Brandon M. :

Which one? They are two different editions. Sorry to be specific but they are two different packages and want to make sure you get the right one.

Customer:

My contract says:

Customer:

Design Premium CS3 Mac Registration Date: Jan 14, 2008

Customer:

Serial # XXXXX

Customer:

Standard

Customer:

It is Premium!! I'm sure

Brandon M. :

Great. Give me a minute to compile some instructions on getting the download as you have to do some trickery.

Brandon M. :

Ok, so what you need to do is trick Adobe's site into thinking you are downloading a trial to get the software. What you need to do is visit Adobe.com and log in with an account. If you don't have one, you can create one. Once you are logged in, please go here and click the Download Now button: https://www.adobe.com/go/tryacrobatpro/ - cancel the download when it starts as you don't need it. You can now download Design Premium from here: http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/MDIA/CS5_5/osx10/DesignPremium_CS5_5_LS1.dmg

Customer:

OK - We will give it a shot - Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brandon,

I chatted with you yesterday and you helped me to download the CS5.5 Design Premium, and I was wrong - I have the Design Standard.

Can you still help me to get a downlodd of that today?

Paul Cantin

Sure. Same steps as above except use this one instead at the end:

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks man you are the best!

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brandon,

I downloaded it, but when I go to install my CS5 pacage it wants the CS3 serial #1326-0362-8000-3125-5281-9938, but only gives me CS3 Master pacage to clic on not CS3 Standard. Iput the number in but it says it is invalid.

What to do now?

You need to install CS3 first from the download I gave you. After it is fully installed, then you can install CS5 over CS3.

Does that make sense?

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried that but it would not take the CS3 number that I gave it.

the number in my above note.

So when I install CS5 I iut the CS5 # in and it says there is no qualifying product can be found on the computer. So I go to the products and the only thing available is Master Collection for CS3.

I tried putting in the number I have but it says it is not valid.

Got any suggestions

I think I may have given you the wrong link the first time for Design Premium. Try the steps again and download this one:

http://trials.adobe.com/Applications/DesignPre/CS3/Mac/ADBESTDSCS3_WWE.dmg

Install that with your CS3 serial number. It should work. Once the install is complete, install CS5 with your CS5 upgrade key and that should also successfully install.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK - Thanks