Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

My square reader quit accepting swipes after I upgraded my

My square reader quit accepting swipes after I upgraded my ipad to the new OIS .
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

On your ipad, go to Settings->Square. Make sure to enable access for microphone. Then open the app. Test to see if it will work or not.

If not, please do a Hard Reboot:

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your device boots. Now test to see if the issue is resolved or still the same.

If these methods did not work or you need more help, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the microphone?

Please go to Settings->Privacy->Microphone->Square. Make sure it is ON.

Open Square app and test swiping credit cards again.