Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Updating iCloud settings: How long should this take?

Updating iCloud settings: HOW LONG SHOULD THIS TAKE, it has been 5 minutes now (this is related to new software update) is this the last step

Product: iPad
Software (if necessary): iOS
What have you tried so far?: My iPad has the max memory and I just purchased November 2012 and assume it is iOS software. When I updated to new iOS 7 completed and said few more steps, stopped at Updating iCloud settings and seems stuck there and still working. How long does this take or is there a problem

Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
Usually this will take about 5-10 minutes depends on how much data you have on iCloud.
I would give it another 5 minutes to finish.
If still stuck at the same screen, we will have to reboot the ipad.

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
How do you reboot, turn off and then on? I have already done this once, that is turn off and then on and reach the iCloud update setting screen

NickMacExpert :
We can do a Hard Reboot.
Please press and hold the Power (on/off) button and the Home button at the same time.

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
How does one do a Hard Reboot

NickMacExpert :
Hold them for about 10-12 seconds.
You will see the Apple logo comes up. Release them and let your ipad boots.
Then see if you can setup again or bypass that step.

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
where is the home button located

NickMacExpert :
It is the round front button
That is called Home button

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
OK I will try that

NickMacExpert :
Sure. Let me know how it worked out.

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
OK white apple logo with black background now,,

NickMacExpert :
Thanks. Please wait until it loads

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
Nick you are a genius, I now have what my iPad looked like before the sh___ hit the fan, let me try one other thing before I let you go, THANKS

NickMacExpert :
You are welcome.
Glad I could help out.

JACUSTOMER-t28ldv2d- :
Nick everything seems to be OK I thank you very much for getting me back in action.

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.