Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Updating iCloud settings.......HOW LONG SHOULD THIS TAKE, it

Updating iCloud settings.......HOW LONG SHOULD THIS TAKE, it has been 5 minutes now (this is related to new software update) is this the last step
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.

NickMacExpert :

Hello and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this issue.

NickMacExpert :

Usually this will take about 5-10 minutes depends on how much data you have on iCloud.

NickMacExpert :

I would give it another 5 minutes to finish.

NickMacExpert :

If still stuck at the same screen, we will have to reboot the ipad.

NickMacExpert :

Please wait for another 2-3 minutes.

Customer:

How do you reboot, turn off and then on? I have already done this once, that is turn off and then on and reach the iCloud update setting screen

NickMacExpert :

Thanks.

NickMacExpert :

We can do a Hard Reboot.

NickMacExpert :

Please press and hold the Power (on/off) button and the Home button at the same time.

Customer:

How does one do a Hard Reboot

NickMacExpert :

Hold them for about 10-12 seconds.

NickMacExpert :

You will see the Apple logo comes up. Release them and let your ipad boots.

Customer:

where is the home button located

NickMacExpert :

Then see if you can setup again or bypass that step.

NickMacExpert :

It is the round front button

NickMacExpert :

That is called Home button

Customer:

OK I will try that

NickMacExpert :

Sure. Let me know how it worked out.

Customer:

OK white apple logo with black background now,,

NickMacExpert :

Thanks. Please wait until it loads

Customer:

Nick you are a genius, I now have what my iPad looked like before the sh___ hit the fan, let me try one other thing before I let you go, THANKS

NickMacExpert :

You are welcomed.

NickMacExpert :

Glad I could help out.

NickMacExpert :

Please click on the Smiley face below and click Submit so I can get credit.

NickMacExpert :

Thanks and have a great day!

Nick

Customer:

Nick everything seems to be OK I thank you very much for getting me back in action.

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.