Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

After updating my iPad to iOS7 the only keystroke/button that

Customer Question

After updating my iPad to iOS7 the only keystroke/button that works is the "Keyboard" button which will toggle the on screen keyboard on and off. Attempting to repair the keyboard accomplished nothing, however I did learn that when prompted to enter the bluetooth 4 digit code for pairing the keyboard was able to send the 4 numerical digits and striking the return key did succesfully pair the keyboard to the iPad again.
At this time I have no solution to getting the keyboard to be responsive with the iPad. If anyone has a solution for this please speak up, if not Apple please help- The Belkin "Customer Support" pages/contacts are horrible for this. There is no assistance to be had at Belkin at this time.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

There are two steps we should do.

First, Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Once the reset is complete, try to pair or connect your keyboard to the ipad again.

If it still wont work.. I strongly suggest you make a backup of your ipad using either itunes, or icloud.. ( because the next steps will erase your settings / data )

Once the backup is made.. Lets try a reset of the ipad

On the ipad go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.

Once that is complete, turn the ipad off, then on.. And then try to set up your keyboard again.

If it still isnt working.. We shoud consider a full factory reset of the ipad.. This may seem like an extreme step.. But as with most apple IOS updates. A factory reset of the device is often the only way to cure a swarm of errors that the IOS updates bring with them.

Lets try the first two steps above.. And if they dont work or you get stuck, send me a reply. And we can discuss the factory reset if needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the quick response. Turns out all we had to do was "re-boot" the iPad and everything works fine.

v/r

Van

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Excellent Van.. Glad to hear it, and thats what I suspected as the first step I sent was to ""
First, Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen."" which is basically a slightly stronger reboot operation... ( soft reset + reboot )

if you run into any further issues, let me know!

And a final piece of advice, Since everything is now working proprely, consider connecting the ipad to itunes, and making a backup..

If you wanted to ask me a question directly in the future, you can click the link below

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-technicalsupport/

And start the question with, For "Dustin" Only..