Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I need to change my apple ID

I need to change my apple ID
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you want to change the Apple ID of your iPad ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to change my Apple ID XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and get a new password XXXXX guess
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Elyse, I can't see your email address/IDs. JustAnswer block email address or private information in this thread.

Did you created a new Apple ID ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Elyse, do you remember the password XXXXX your old Apple ID ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. My original password XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Elyse, follow the steps below to change your Apple ID.

1. Go to My Apple ID webpage ---> http://appleid.apple.com/
  2. Click "Manage your Apple ID", and sign in.
  3. Login with your old Apple ID and password
  4. In the "Apple ID and Primary Email Address section," click Edit (If you want to change the password, click Password XXXXX Security in there and change from there)
  5. Enter your new Apple ID (your new email address), then click Save Changes. Apple will now send a verification email to that address.
  6. Then login to your email or open your email and you will see an email from Apple
  7. Open it and click Verify Now link or button
  8. When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.

That's it. Let me know if you have any trouble following the above steps and I will continue to help you.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I go to that web page it says that it is wrong. I put XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and password XXXXX 4650 and it denies me access
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Are you sure that is the right password ? Can you try to reset the password XXXXX this webpage : https://iforgot.apple.com/

After resetting the password, try to change the password. Let me know if you have any difficulty
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I went to the web page I entered in my original ID. Then it said they would send a link to change my password XXXXX that email address. That address no longer exists. I can't access it
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Without access to the original email, it is hard to reset the password. Can you try the "Answer security question" to reset the password XXXXX of email authentication ?

If you don't have access to old email, then I think it'd be better to create a new Apple ID with new email address. What do you think ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Ok Elyse.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If it doesn't work I will get back to you
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection. Let me know if that didn't work
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The last page said that I would receive an email how to activate ,my account. Never got it
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Are you creating a new Apple ID ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
You should receive it instantly. Can you check the Spam or Junk folder of your email ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
If you still didn't get it in 15 minutes, then try registering/creating again and this will send you a new activation email again. Let me know how it goes..
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc