Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Yesterday I had a large update on my Ipad. After it finished

Yesterday I had a large update on my Ipad. After it finished It has asked me to put in Passcode. I do not know what a passcode is and when I put in password XXXXX was locked out. How do I fix this? It was working fine until the update. ITunes does not recognize the update when I tried to sync.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This is a known problem with iOS update for iPad. We have to reinstall/restore your iPad to fresh OS. I will walk you through the steps to restore it. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from this link :

Let me know once you did that...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now, we can restore your iPad from iTunes application on your PC. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Important : Put your iPad to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank or show black screen. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

Let me know if you have any trouble following the steps.

Just checking. How is it going ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You did a great job. I'm back in business
Thank you for your help
You're most welcome Sylvia :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not at this time. Thanks