Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I have had my system upgrade to Snow Leopard from Tiger. I

I have had my system upgrade to Snow Leopard from Tiger. I need further upgrades and have 1 GB memory. Once upgraded I wish to improve internet connection.

Thanks for using to ask your question, I am Cris.

What is exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My system is slow and I wish to upgrade to Mountain Lion

How much RAM is installed on your Mac? 1GB?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 GB677MH2SDRAM - unsure of where I find info

On your Mac click on the Apple logo top left.

On the drop down click "About this Mac". A box will appear and list the memory installed.

Then click on More Info.. box. At the top it will say the model of the Mac and when it was released. Please tell me what it says.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You did not answer my second question.

Can you click on the More Info box and tell me at the top what is the release of your Mac.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please follow my instructions carefully.

Click on the Apple logo top left. Then click on About this Mac.

The box will appear click on "More Info.." another box will appear.

At the top it will say the Mac model and release time.

Ex. Macbook Air

Mid 20212

Please let me know the release period of your Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no release period pm the More Info screen. It is an i Mac 7,1

First your system does not meet mountain lion requirements. You must have at least 2GB of RAM installed.

Also mountain lion are only available for the following systems:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)

I advise is maxing the memory on your system which should be at least 2GB. Your current system is running 1GB which outdated and is the main cause of your slow system not the operating system.

The RAM will boost the performance and allow you to have multiple applications open w/o slowing down your system.

I hope this helps with your question. If not reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need information and the cost of increasing the memory as this answer is useful but not the reason for contacting Just Answer

For memory upgrade options and cost use the link below to reach

When you reach the site right under the memory picture click on "System Scanner".

Download and run the scanner on your Mac. The software will scan your PC and tell you much RAM you have installed. Then give you upgrade options with pricing for purchase.

Crucial is the best site for purchasing memory, they have great RAM, good prices and very warranty. I purchase all my memory and recommend this site to clients.

Click here>>>

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in Brighton, UK; and I checked the site and found it difficult to discern model no.

OK, we can then take a look at Amazon UK.

Can you tell me when you purchase your Mac? Also is it a iMac (desktop) or Macbook (laptop)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a desktop model and was probably purchased in '07

Thanks for the info I was able to locate your iMac and find a memory upgrade you can purchase from Amazon UK site.

Click here>>>Memory Upgrade

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I purchase this new upgrade are there instructions for installing it?

I can find you something for installing though if you like. On the iMac desktop are little more tricky then on there laptops.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure what you mean by 'something for installing'

Sorry I can locate some type of instructions for installing the memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will it be possible for me to understand

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also if I purchase this upgrade is it possible to work with you when it is installed?

I'm not sure, depends on how technical you.

To be honest on your iMac I really don't recommend performing the memory upgrade unless you have had experience doing it.

Memory is very delicate and if not handle properly you can damage it. Or do damage to your system.

It would be best for you to purchase it on your own so that you are not over charged by a tech for the RAM. Then taking the system to a local shop which will install it for you. iMacs are a little harder to do a memory upgrade because it is a all in one PC oppose to a tower which has more room to work with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So is it possible to contact you if I need further info?

Of course you can!

Here is my direct profile link save it to your favorites if you need to contact me in the future.
Do you have any further questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I get charged the £49 for your services now? Why did I not get this help from the Apple Shop; they suggested that I go to the Apps Shop.

You have made a deposit to ask your question on the site. However experts don't get compensated until you select a positive rating.

Even if you have to come back and ask a follow you can do so w/o being charge again.

Selecting a positive rating for my assistance is greatly appreciated. If you need to ask any follow ups to this question down the line I will be glad to assist you.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for yourinterest. I have ordered the memory from Amazon due here 30 Sept. I have a package from TalkTalk phone, broadband and TV. I will organise help for fitting the

memory when it arrives.

Please save my profile link to your favorites for any future questions you may have.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought I did that rating on Sunday

Yes, you did and thank you very much.

I was just replying with my profile link if in the future you have any new questions you can reach me directly.