Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I have an IPhone 4 and the volume is VERY low. I have tried

I have an IPhone 4 and the volume is VERY low. I have tried increasing it in the normal way with the volume buttons on the sound of the phone and the volume icon appeared on the screen like it normally does and I pressed until the icon showed the volume all the way up - but the sound is still ultra low. Any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Lets first check your sounds settings. Click on general and choose sound. You will see a volume bar. Is it all the dial way to the right?

Customer:

I will check

Michelle :

Okay I will stand by

Customer:

If i click on Settings and then choose the General tab there is no Sounds tab. However, if I click on Settings there IS a Sounds option. Is that what you mean?

Michelle :

Im sorry. Yes

Michelle :

right underneath general

Customer:

OK. Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent are ON. The Ringer and Alerts slider is all the way to the right. The sounds is still VERY low.

Michelle :

Is the volume low system wide or when you get a call or text?

Customer:

System wide

Michelle :

Lets try a reset first. Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 30 sec or until the apple logo appears. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPhone

Customer:

Done. I'm waiting for it to reboot.

Michelle :

When it boots back up, try playing music or anything with sound

Michelle :

If for your volume is still low, the next step is to reset your settings. This will not erase any of your data

Customer:

That fixed it. Thanks. Why didn't I think of that :-)

Michelle :

You are very welcome! Thank you for your patience

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.