Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

My 5s, only after, upgrading my ioS to 7 last night, woke up

Customer Question

My 5s, only after, upgrading my ioS to 7 last night, woke up and screen is frozen. If I could take a screenshot I would. Black backgroud, iTunes icon/app, arrow up and USB cable facing arrow. I've every reset. THis has never happended before.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Does it reset if you do the following?

- Press both the front HOME Button and the Power button at the same time and continue holding both for 15 seconds.

After doing that, does it reset and work? If not, you will have to do the following:
You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Didn't work. I meant to say 4s not 5s.

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Let me close a few programs and them you can. Which service do you use?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=6be76c54-fd84-4f90-82df-cec2120d9dc0

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I see that you left me a negative rating.

I remoted in, then you told me that you remoted me into the wrong computer.

I gave you a new remote code and you never went to it on the problem computer.

You just ended the remote and rated me.

Was that a mistake?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I asked several questions with no response. I waited for you to respond once I figured out how to load for you to remote in and heard nothing. I didn't have time to wait indefinitely. It was interesting you immediately responded once I provided my feedback....I took screen shots of my several questions that went unanswered.

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello Kim,

Yes, I had the 2nd remote session open and was waiting for you.

I do not understand your statement regarding the screenshots.

I asked you to start the 2nd remote link on the correct computer, I went to that remote window and waited for you. I assumed that you would run it on the 2nd computer and start the remote.

When you rated me poorly for some reason, I was notified in my other screen. That is why I responded and you did not respond back.

Please, let me know when you are at the correct computer and ready for the remote link.

Thank you very much,
Jason
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Jason.

I had the session open and kept waiting and waiting.... I kept the IM/dialog box open that we were using for our conversation letting you know I was waiting. Sorry if you didn't see it for some reason, that would be the screenshots I'm referring to. I heard nothing until I closed the session and provided my feedback of the service. I do not need help anymore I went to the Apple Store and they provided the help I needed on both of my computers.

Kim