Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Ive lost contact with fonts in Iweb 3.0.4. Recently upgraded

I've lost contact with fonts in Iweb 3.0.4.
Recently upgraded to Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8.
Everything was working well when suddenly when I went to fonts menu in lower right, it would not open; when I went to format/fonts/open fonts, nothing would appear.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

There are several steps we may need to perform, since there can be more then one possible cause to the issue your having. As long as your willing to reply to me and work through the steps I suggest together, we should be able to get this fixed.

Lets start with this step.

To open Disk Utility, from the Applications folder, open Utilities, and then double-click the Disk Utility icon.

In the column on the left, click your startup disk ( Mac HD )

Click the First Aid tab, and then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

Once it says, permissions repair complete.. Restart your mac, then try Iweb.

Fonts working now? ( Whether or not they are working, please send a reply letting me know what happened so that we can either try the next step as needed, or so we can mark this issue as solved.)

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem is still with us.

I received the following message:

"Repairing permissions for “Hard Drive”

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete"

Your friend,

Thanks John..

Lets try this next, Close I web if its open.. Then,

go into your mac hard drive, user folder, username, library, preferences folder.

Find this file

Trash that file.

Now, start Iweb.. Issue still present?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Trashing iWeb.plist solved the problem. I'm back in least for today. What the heck is "plist"?

Thanks, Dustin.

If you want to see a cool website, go to, my website.

Your friend,

Thanks John, glad to hear it worked.

A Plist file, is basically the file that stores the programs " how to run" data. Your preferences, screen settings, default fonts, etc..

I will definitely take a look at your website here directly John..

If you wanted to ask me a question directly in the future, you can click the link below

And start the question with, For "Dustin" Only..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Dustin,

Your friend,