Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

MY LOWER CASE T AND G WILL NOT WORK AND IF I PRESS THEM I GET

Customer Question

MY LOWER CASE T AND G WILL NOT WORK AND IF I PRESS THEM I GET QWERTY OR ASDFG OR SYMBOLS FOR A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Is it a standard keyboard or a wireless one ?

Please try a safeboot by following below steps.

1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
  2. Press the power button.
  3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
  5. Wait while safe mode boots up. It will take a lot longer than regular OS X.
  6. Log in (press shift-enter instead of enter after putting in your password to log in without login items.)
  7. You are in safe mode.

Now check the result. If problem is not happening, restart the system and boot normally. Check again.

If it not helps, please try the following:

Reset PRAM

Reset SMC

Let me know the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The lower case t prints out QWERTY and then just random letters and g only works if I press for a cpl seconds then prints out adfgh and then more random letters

Hello Mam, do you have this issue while on safemode also?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. It will not work at all unless in capital. I have tried all the resettings you suggested
Do you have the mac osx installation disk with you ? If so please try Repair Disk and Repair Disk Permission by booting from the disk. Check this tutorial to see how to perform these functions. Please make sure you disconnected every external devices connected to your macbook.

Then let me know the result.

regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is saying estimate time is 55 min. Is this normal
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Repaired disk permission. What now
Nice, restart the system and boot normally. Is the issue occurring now ?

Regards
Jins
Hi Christina, did the problem resolved ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED :( ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS?

First of all, make sure none of the key on the keyboard is not remaining in a pressed state. If some key or keys remaining in a pressed state some wired things will happen due to the key combination.

Then, if you have any external devices connected to the system remove all those devices, except keyboard and mouse. Then check again. By the way, are you using a wireless keyboard ? If so try with a standard keyboard and check the result. If you are using a macbook connect a usb keyboard to the macbook and check with the usb keyboard.

Let me know the result.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I DON'T HAVE A USB KEYBOARD AND THERE IS NOTHING PLUGGED IN AND KEYS ARE NOT STICKING NOR HAS ANYTHING EVER BEEN SPILLED ON MY COMPUTER.

Okay, create a new user account on your mac. Then login as that user and check whether the keyboard issue is there. If it shows this issue on the new account also, most probably it is a hardware issue. But before confirming it, please click here and download clamxav antivirus. Install it on your system and scan the mac for virus infections. Remove every infections it found and then restart the system to check the result. If the problem still persists, you need to contact your nearest apple store, to replace the keyboard.

Regards
Jins