Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

my ipad switches off when I open photos and other apps and

my ipad switches off when I open photos and other apps and then goes back to home screen. This has only happened since updating to ios 7
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.

Did you restart your iPad?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, the problem seems to be connected to the photos, it wont update my photos onto the new ios 7 and therefore wont let me choose a new backround. Its like there is an issue with the new ios 7 recognising my photos from ios 6

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Do you backup to iCloud?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Am not sure if im honest, does it do it automatically?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Can i go back to ios 6?

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
It does it automatically after you have set it up.

Do to check you can do so by tapping the settings icon from the home screen. Then locate iCloud and tap on it.

Make sure you are signed into it with your Apple ID. Make sure you have everything set to on. Then tap on Storage and Backup. Here you should see iCloud On if not turn it on. You can then do a backup, this will backup your entire iPad.

When completed I recommend doing a restore of the iPad. I never recommend installing the newest iOS 7 within the first few days because of many reported issues which get resolved down the line.

To reset your iPad Go to Settings>General then scroll down to Reset and tap on it. Tap on Erase all content and Settings. That will restart the iPad and prompt you to setup as new enter your WiFi password, apple ID and you can restore your entire iPad from your last backup.

If you are unable to backup your iPad from iCloud. You can plug it into a PC with iTunes installed and backup.

Once it has been plugged in open iTunes, right click on the iPad on the left pane under devices and select Backup. After you backup, unplug it, perform the reset, then plug back to the PC right click on it under devices in iTunes and select Restore.

Let me know if this works for you. Reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Have initiated back up using icloud, will try the Restore and get back to you

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Excellent,

Yes please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ipad switched off again, says backup could not be completed...should I try going through itunes?

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ipad trying to sync but wont sync with photos, so keeps stopping when it gets to that step

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
You can stop the sync and try the backup.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Am wondering if the previous icloud backup stopped when trying to backup my photos too?

Am really worried right now!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i need to now go back to a previous answer to know how to restore on my ipad after a backup
Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Claire for the delay.

How did you complete the back through iTunes or iCloud?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

have managed to complete the backup through icloud, I did the reset settings and started the ipad through the latest backup. It is now downloading the apps one by one

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Excellent,

After you reset it is pretty straight forward like I had explained it would prompt for Apple ID to initiate iCloud restore.

Did you check out the photos?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just looked at the photos, they now appear to be downloading

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Great,

Let me know if you have any further questions, will be glad to answer any follow ups.

If not please don't forget to select a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.